And the results are....

It had been three months after my third treatment and my enzymes were still elevated but not as bad as before. My doctor felt that if I could just continue the treatment for another nine months we just might beat this thing. What did I have to lose? I didn't have a job and I still felt bad from the last treatment. My family only saw me sick in bed and I was broke. I somehow still made it to church every week, and I got lots of support from my Sunday School class. After the third month of treatments my doctor discontinued the treatments because he didn't feel like my body could take any more. At this point in my life I really didn't care what they did to me. I was still in depression so they took me off the Prozac and put me on Wellbutrin which worked great. I had to take Procrit to help build red blood cells which helped me get stronger.

After a few months of recovery my doctor wanted to do a procedure that involved him looking in my throat for varicose veins. He said my throat looked good however there was nothing else he could do but to send me to a hospital for a liver evaluation. He sent me to University of Alabama (UAB).

And then the next journey began.

Definition of Varicose Veins

Varices
Esophageal and Gastric -- Submucosal varices of the lower esophagus or gastric fundus mucosa, frequently caused by the development of portal collateral vessels as a result of portal hypertension. Abnormally dilated/stretched veins. Dilated veins; these can rupture, leading to massive bleeding.