Conclusion

I'm not sure why I had to go through all I did but my life has changed. Before the world revolved around me and now I try to revolve around it. Life is short and I really didn't understand how short and how fragile life is. Today, when I wake up it is with a smile. I ask God what do you have in store for me today? The answer comes back; do something good today, try to help someone out, and share with others what you have learned. No I'm not a saint but my view of what life means has really changed. It's not how much money I accumulate, how big my house is, or even how well I am liked by other people. It's about helping other people even if it just saying something nice about someone. If God wishes me to have money, big houses, or live in poverty it's just fine with me. I'm just grateful to be alive because staring death in the face is no way to live. I have learned to appreciate my family and friends. The blinders have been taken off and there is a big world out there to enjoy. I know there will still be hard times in my life, I just hope I can learn to accept it is just part of the journey of living.

My next blog will be lessons learned that hopefully will help people getting ready to have a transplant how to plan for it. A liver transplant cost an average of $498,000, a number not to take likely!. But there are ways to get through it thanks to health, life, and disability insurance along with charitable organizations. However, understanding how they all work together is difficult road to navigate through. The less you have to worry about money the more you can focus on staying alive and getting healthy.