The Second Six Months

It was a struggle to get out of bed. I felt bad, my attitude had taken a dive, and I just wanted to get this treatment over with. The second round of treatments was awful. I was anemic and just felt like crap all the time. It was taking a toll on my family, my work, and my social life was all but gone. I was a walking Zombie, but the doctor said my liver enzymes looked great. At that time I thought it couldn't get any worse. I decided I had to take it one day at a time and pray to get through it. I was hoping that the damage to my social life would be minimal.

It had been fourteen months since I started treatment and my blood work seemed to looked great, until the enzyme levels went up again. Somehow I wasn't surprised, I was just glad it was over; at least I gave it the best shot I could (no pun intended). I was finished with the second round of treatments and made a decision to just let the Hepatitis C (HEP C) take the course. After all what did the doctors know anyway? I was feeling great until I went to see them. Now I realized I was in the anger stage. After my round of treatment was over my doctor moved his practice out of state and referred me to another local doctor.

Check out this site for good information on Anemia.

http://www.hepfi.org/nnac/pdf/hepc_anemia.pdf